Step 1: The Scholarship
|skip to the last step - apply now >>|
- The EXPERTS scholarships provide funding for academic and administrative mobilities between the EU and twelve targeted countries in South- and South-East Asia [SSEA] (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Indonesia, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka and Thailand).
- The academic levels supported by the project are: Undergraduate, Master, PhD, Post-Doc and Staff.
- The duration of the mobilities range from short-term (exchange mobilities), which are available for all academic levels, to longer stays abroad (full-degree mobilities) for Master and PhD students.
- Important: the targeted countries and the availability of certain mobilities will depend on the specific call for applications (refer to the Elibilitity section).
Scholarships are only granted to candidates who are applying to Partner Universities:
- For nationals of the twelve targeted countries in SSEA, your Host Universities in the EU for the ongoing calls are listed here under EU Host Universities.
- For EU nationals, your Host Universities in SSEA for the ongoing calls are listed here under SSEA Host Universities.
Please always check which programmes/courses are offered by the respective universities and whether you meet their specific admision criteria.
The aspects listed below are all covered by the respective projects for the entire duration of the mobility:
|Academic level||Exchange||Full Degree||Monthly Amount|
|Undergraduate||6 months||1000 EUR|
|Master||6 - 10 months||10 - 24 months||1000 EUR|
|PhD||6 - 10 months||36 months||1500 EUR|
|Post-Doc||6 - 10 months||1800 EUR|
|Academic and Admin Staff||1 month||2500 EUR|
- All grant holders are insured by a central Group Insurance, which will be centrally organised by the Project Coordination Team upon successfull nomination.
- Note: the project's health insurance does not cover any medical costs that are due to chronic illnes or health problems acquired prior to undertaking the mobility.
- One return ticket will be provided by the Project Coordination Team in direct conjunction with a central travel agency.
- All grant holders are exempt from paying tuition fees at the Host University. Please note, however, that some Host Universities may charge students additional but small administrative fees.